Saltwater pools are favored for their simpler and gentler approach to pool care, but they do have some unique needs when compared to traditional chlorine pools. BioGuard offers two unique pool care programs that enhance the saltwater experience.
The Mineral Springs system utilizes easy-to-apply minerals and a chlorine generator to produce a chlorine sanitizer. It takes only five minutes a week to maintain – in fact, once you’ve begun the system, you only have to add the Renewal® product once a week. That’s it!
Beginnings® – A proprietary blend of minerals added to pool water at start-up
Renewal® – Replenish mineral levels and adjust pH, keeping water soft and clear
SaltScapes® Saltwater Pool Care
SaltScapes Saltwater Pool Care was designed specifically for saltwater pools and provides everything you need to keep your saltwater sparkling and protect your equipment and pool surfaces. It adds the basic prevention and remedy solutions that saline generators require with an eye to keeping maintenance requirements to a minimum.
1. A salt cell generates unstabilized chlorine which means it diminishes rapidly when exposed to sunlight UV rays. SunShield® Stabilizer shields against sunlight to extend the life of generated chlorine and minimize cell run time.
2. The process a cell uses to convert saltwater into chlorine contributes to higher water pH every time a cell runs. pH Reducer corrects high pH to protect surfaces and equipment.
3. The environment within a cell can cause chalky white calcium-scale deposits to form on a cell’s wall over time, decreasing the chlorine output. Scale Defender protects against damaging scale for efficient, long-lasting cell performance and Cell Cleaner removes built-up scale to restore cell to peak performance.
4. Chlorine is effective at killing bacteria and algae, but creates unpleasant by-products when it reacts with contaminants like sweat, sunscreen or fertilizer. Chlorine-Free Shock Oxidizer eliminates contaminants for clear, fresh water.
5. Saltwater pools need to have water balance levels tested on a regular basis just like traditional chlorine pools. Balance Test Strips ensure proper water balance for the best swimmer comfort, equipment protection, and sanitizer efficiency.
6. The amount of salt in a pool and the amount of chlorine being produced are independent of each other. Adding more salt to the water (above what is recommended in the owner’s manual) does not improve efficiency or increase the generation of chlorine. Salt Level Test Strips ensure correct salt levels.
7. Salt pools are still subject to algae growth and it can easily bloom in warmer temperatures and suitable water conditions. The constant supply of chlorine helps prevent outbreaks, but when conditions overwhelm the chlorine levels, Algae Remover is needed to eliminate the problem.
BioGuard SaltScapes Saltwater Pool Care is ideal for: